Most Asked Q’s
What is the rental fee and what does it include?
· Please see the details found here for complete pricing and included items.
What is the building capacity?
· 250 seated guests
What dates are available?
Is there a deposit? When are the additional payments due? Do you offer a payment plan?
· Yes. A signed contract and 20% deposit are required to hold a date. Full and final payment is required 90 days prior to the event. Monthly payments are highly encouraged. Preferred forms of payment are check or Venmo; debit and credit cards also accepted. We also reserve the right to request a credit card on file for any damages to the facility or grounds. See full details on Rental Agreement located at the bottom of the Pricing page.
How do I reserve a date?
· Dates are reserved on a first requested basis, a 20% deposit, and a signed Rental Agreement. Whomever has requested to start the contract process from us by email first for a specific date will be first in line.
Do I need to schedule a tour or can I just stop by?
· We kindly request that all tours are by appointment only. You can request a tour here.
What is the average total budget of a couple getting married at Aurora Farms?
· That is a great question! Of course, this is dependent on the size of your guest list. In general, we believe the average budget of a couple getting married at Aurora Farms is between $15,000-$17,000 for all wedding expenses (venue, food, alcohol, cake, dress, tux, DJ, flowers, photographer, videographer, decorations, etc.). We have had some creative couples with smaller guest lists host beautiful weddings less than that, and we have already had several lovely events here spending significantly more than the average.
Do we have to utilize your baker and/or photographer?
· No. As much as we love our baker and photographer, we understand that you may have a history with your own baker and/or photographer whom you love as much as we love ours.
Will there be another wedding the same day?
· At Aurora Farms we only host one wedding each day to ensure that each couple's event is special and receives our full attention.
Are there overnight accommodations nearby?
· Yes, there are many hotels to choose from, and we highly recommend beautiful Downtown Greenville, which is just 11 miles away! Check out https://www.visitgreenvillesc.com/, which says this about Greenville: “Experience what turned America’s 4th fastest-growing city into one of America’s hottest destinations. Yeah, we’re that Greenville!” Aurora Farms and Greenville, SC, are your perfect Destination Greenville combo!
How many cars will your parking lot accommodate?
· Our parking lot will hold 100 cars. We can also suggest for you a shuttle service from your Downtown Greenville hotel to Aurora Farms!
What size are your tables and how many do you have of each?
· We have 15 round tables (72”, seating 10 each) and 25 long tables (30” x 96”, also seating 10 each). We also have 10 bar height tables and 5 farmhouse tables (one 5’ sweetheart size and four 7.5’ long), which make beautiful bridal party seating. We also have a scalloped 3’ round cake table with an optional smaller top tier.
Do you provide table linens, plates, cups, silverware, etc.?
· Aurora Farms offers all of these items in its packages and on its a la cart menu (listed on our Rental Agreement). Note that every single rental (package or non-package) includes our awesome venue, tables, upgraded Chiavara chairs, décor, and a long list of other items included with every single rental. There are no hidden fees! Please also note that our linens are white. Should you desire a color other than our white, of course you are welcome to rent linens elsewhere or bring your own.
We plan to have our ceremony offsite, and only plan to have our reception at Aurora Farms. Does your fee change?
· Because we only host one event per day, our fee structure remains the same whether you hold your ceremony, reception, or both onsite. This also gives you and your vendors ample time to set up and decorate prior to your wedding.
Do you allow dogs onsite to play a part in our wedding day?
· We are dog friendly, with some specific stipulations. Tame dogs are allowed (only with pre-approval) at the ceremony and for pictures. Animals, other than service animals, are NOT allowed near food. Dogs must be on a leash and someone must be responsible for them other than the bride and groom.
What form of payment does Aurora Farms accept?
· Our preferred form of payment is check or Venmo; however, we also accept debit and credit cards.
My preferred dates are unavailable. Do you have a cancellation waiting list?
· We do not keep a cancellation waiting list because cancellations are unpredictable. As soon as a date does become available we post it here.
Where can I find pictures of the decor available?
· Pictures of our décor are coming soon; stay tuned!
What time will I have access to the venue to decorate?
· Unless prior arrangements are made, you will have access to the venue at the time listed on your contract, not earlier. Please plan accordingly!
Do you include a "wedding day coordinator?"
· No. However, we do have a team leader on site before you arrive and who stays with you throughout the duration of your big day. This member of the Aurora Farms team is there to help you however needed (be an extra set of hands decorating, answer questions from your vendors and direct them as necessary, etc.) Our goal is to do everything possible to help your day go smoothly and ensure your day is as stress-free as possible! (But we still do not consider our team leader to be a day-of wedding coordinator.)
Do you have a preferred vendor list?
· Though fairly new, Aurora Farms has had the pleasure of working with many awesome vendors. We are happy to share our experiences and offer vendor suggestions to you, based upon your specific wants and needs.
What time do you suggest we start the ceremony?
· We suggest starting Friday weddings at 5:00 pm, Saturday weddings between 4:00 - 5:00 pm, and Sunday weddings at 4:00 pm., but the timing is ultimately up to you.
How will the tables, chairs, etc. be arranged for my sized event?
· Click here to download the Aurora Farms building layout for planning purposes. We will reach out to you to give you suggestions in determining your preferred layout prior to the big day!
If we choose the one day option, will we be able to access the location early to rehearse our ceremony?
· If you elect the one day rental, our venue will likely be reserved by another couple the night before. (This is one reason why many venues no longer offer on-site rehearsals.) We do believe in on-site rehearsals, at least for now. For that reason, our Rental Agreement states that each event will have access to the venue from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m. This allows rehearsals to occur in the morning hours for the next day’s event (e.g., Saturday weddings will rehearse from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. on the Friday before).
Can we have fireworks on the property?
· Fireworks are not permitted, with the exception of sparklers. We don’t want to scare the neighbors and we want to keep the fire department happy!
Can vehicles be left overnight?
· Only in rare circumstances can vehicles be left overnight on the property. To be respectful of the next day’s guests, we ask that all vehicles be removed by 10 a.m. the following morning. Please advise your guests of this policy.
What time does the music need to end?
· Music must conclude by 10:00 p.m. to ensure that you, all of your items, and all of your vendors are off-property by midnight.
We are using a rental company. Can they drop items off or pick them up outside of the rental period?
· All deliveries must happen during the standard rental period unless prior arrangements are made with Aurora Farms. This is to be respectful of our other clients’ rental periods. Please advise your vendors of this policy.
Are candles allowed?
· Yes, candles are allowed as long as the flame is completely contained in a candle holder, lantern, Mason jar, etc. Tapered candles and any type of hanging candles will not be allowed for safety reasons.
How far in advance do you need our final headcount?
· Two weeks
How do I obtain a marriage license?
· See full details here: https://www.greenvillecounty.org/Probate/MarriageLicense.aspx.
Setup and Day-of Event Questions
What is the event clean-up process?
· The clean-up fee is $300 and is included in all packages; it is also offered as an a la cart option for non-package pricing. Our cleaning crew will take out all of the trash throughout and following the wedding reception, sweep and mop entire venue (inside and out), clean bathrooms, clean bride’s and groom’s rooms, and return all tables and chairs back to their original positions. This is highly recommended after your long day! Please note that the kitchen it NOT INCLUDED in the clean-up fee. The kitchen should be returned to its original state by you and/or your caterer. Our staff has a check-off list for each caterer prior to their exit. We also reserve the right to request a credit card on file for any damages to the kitchen equipment.
Can we nail decorations to the walls or hang things like streamers or lanterns from the beams?
· We request that holes not be made in the walls; however, you may use tape or twine to hang decorations on the beams. We hope that you will find the beams beautiful without too much extra work!